Jul 22, 2009

First kiss from Mommy!



Today we went in for our weekly doctor's appointment and found out that we will be having our precious baby boy on April 13th...Monday! Since I had not dilated, he had not dropped, and he was measuring 8lbs. 8ozs. already, the doctor said a section would be best. We were not planning on this news and was a little heart broken about the decision, but at this point I didn't care how he came...I was so uncomfortable and READY to see my little man. I was so excited the morning of that I woke up at 1:00a.m. and could NOT go back to sleep. Needless to say, I had a lot of time on my hands. We headed to the hospital at 5a.m. ..checked in and got ready for the procedure. My whole family was there to help welcome Leighton into the world. Finally went into the delivery room a little before 7:30 and he was born at 7:43a.m. I'll never forget how nervous and excited I was to hear him cry for the first time. The first thing my doctor said was, "Oh Amanda..you'll be so glad you had a section." That means he was a big boy. She also said he was "overbaked". That's the term she used to let me know he was past his due date..they can tell by how long their fingernails are. My sweet baby boy was perfect and it was the most amazing thing to experience!!





No comments: