Aug 3, 2010

I'm a big brother!!


Leighton is excited to say that he is going to be a BIG BROTHER come February!! I'm 9 weeks today and this first trimester is about to kick my butt. I've been so tired and nauseated ALL day and night. SO ready to get it past me and start feeling normal again. Well, who feels normal while pregnant anyway, but this first trimester seems to be knocking me off my feet. Thankfully, I have the best husband ever who puts my needs first and does an outstanding job helping out where needed. For instance, he was on call one night, and for those that know what on call means, you don't get ANY sleep. He came home the next morning at 7a.m. and let me sleep until 8:30a.m. because he knew I needed it. Bless him. He really is the best.

We told Kevin's parents while visiting in Texas for a family reunion. Leighton wore a shirt that says, "I'm not monkeying around, I'm going to be a big brother." It was a hit for sure! Then we went to my mom's house to cookout and Leighton had another shirt that said, "I'm not lion, I'm going to be a big brother." Yes, we will find out what the gender is. I'm a planner and I need to plan. No surprises for me. Stayed tuned for more details. Oh, and I wish I had pictures of Leighton actually wearing his shirts, but if you knew my kid, then you would understand that him sitting still for a picture is virtually impossible so when I capture one...it's like gold.

No comments: